Personal Poetry By Gary R. Hess
Here is a list of short poems published on PoemofQuotes by Gary R. Hess. If you are looking for poems by other authors, check out the "Poets" link at the top of the page. This is strictly personal poetry written by an amateur.
Patriotic Poems or Poetry About America
America can do better. Sometimes life and death depends on what America does... why is it wrong to do what is write for the world?
Break Up Poems or Lost Love Poetry
We have all been broken hearted at one time or another. Losing someone we love will never be easy. The break ups end bad and our love is soon lost...
- Confused - What is this feeling I have?
- Disappearing Love - What happened to our love?
- Goodbye - I don't really want to say goodbye
- The Healing Heart - Shattered heart forced to heal
- I Thought - I thought I finally received a break
- Lost Love - I loved you more than I have ever known
- Love? - When love has come
- Night - The night we met I felt so good
- Time Lost - Wasting a lifetime
- To Betty - The break up with a long time girlfriend
- The Wait - Time Clicks as I await
- Was - I hate the way you treated me
Friendship Poems or Relationship Poetry
Friendships last a life time no matter what we are put through. These poems are just a few of experiences in relationships which have been had...
Here are a few humorous poems--at least I hope they are humorous ;)--to brighten your day. Many are based on classic nursery rhymes, others... well not so much. Enjoy!
- Cat, Cat
- The Dog Had the Giggles
- Gary, Gary, Quite Hairy
- Happy, Happy Birthday
- Jack and Jill
- Little Bo-Peep
- Little Time Warner
- Old Queen Joel
- Waaa, Waaa, White Dog
Love Poems or Other Romantic Poetry
Being in love is the best inspiration to us all, it makes us feel free. Romance, candle light dinners, long sweet kisses. The beauty of love lasts a life time. But what happens when the relationship is long distance? It's still the same...
- But a Nightmare - Life without you is not life
- Butterfly Voice - The sound of your voice
- The Day We Met - I met you on Valentines Day
- Everlasting Love - What is it about you?
- The Extra Mile - Here I lay thinking of you
- Dolphin's Cry - If I was a dolphin and you were the sea
- Feeling - Feeling your love caress my heart
- If I Were a King - If things were different, would you have me?
- Love - What love means to me
- Middle Ages Love - I am your knight in shining armor
- My Angel - An angel came and took me away
- Ode to Sunshine - Lust, renewal, and love
- One Kiss - One kiss is all I want
- Our Moment - Our moment in life has just begun
- The Sacred Fruit - The sacred fruit of your soul was lost
- Secret Graden - Take me to our secret garden
- Soft Night - Oh the things I would do...
- That Girl - Your voice is so beautiful
- Thinking - Today I went to class
- Thinking About You - When I ate today at noon
- To Betty - Hard times but still in love
- To Carmen - Rough times but with love it didn't matter
- To Kim - Your face is of an angel
- To My Dearest Beth - She brings out love and passion
- Waiting for the Kiss - I've never had the chance
- Wanting You - You are so amazing
- Why I Love You - I've never seen you
- Without You - My tears are flowing for you
- You're Beauty - Your short blonde hair
- You're the One - Is it possible
These are the poems which couldn't fit anywhere else. They range from religious and spiritual to nature and everything in between. But hey, you can't beat reading poetry online eh?
- Horrid House
- One Race
- Passing Time
- The Poem of Hope
- Starry Wish
- This World
- To Believe
- Writer's Block
Sad Poems or Poetry on Hate and Depression
Being sad isn't always gravy. Hating daily things, just waiting for our sadness to tear us apart...