Do You Know When to Break Up?
Relationships are a part of everyday life. Not only does everyone have them, everyone needs them and enjoys having someone there to hold them when times get rough. The problem is, not everyone knows the best time to break the relationship off. Once the excitement dies off, break it off. However, it isn't always that easy. Here are some tips on when to break up.
First and foremost, if you are asking this question chances are it may be the time to break up. If your relationship is in that much doubt that you must view a website to know your answer, talk to him/her about it, then move on either with him/her or without him/her.
- If he/she treats you badly or if you are unhappy. There's simply no point in staying in a relationship you are unhappy with. First, talk about your problem with your partner. If there is any disagreement or your unhappiness cannot be fixed, end it as soon as possible. The quicker you can end the relationship the better off you both will be.
- If you have been with the same person for a long period of time and still don't love your partner. Let's face it, love is the reason why many of us get in a relationship in the first place. If you have been with your partner for a year or more and there's still no love, then end it. It isn't happening.
- If he/she has cheated on you. Cheating on someone can be forgiven, but it takes a ton of work and most of the time the trust isn't the same afterwards. If you think you'll always be wondering whether or not he/she is cheating on you again, you might as well end it now.
- If he/she and you do not agree on important issues valuable to your future (ie: education, religion: if it is important to you). This is something which should be talked about early in a relationship. If you don't think you'll be able to work out a compromise, then there's no point in moving forward.
- If you have thought about being with someone else. You should only be thinking about your partner. Of course, we all think about someone else every now and then, but actually contemplating the idea and even imagining a future with another person is a whole other manner. End it.
- If you have thought about cheating on your partner. Cheating is not something anyone should take lightly. If you are thinking about it, that means you aren't devoted to your partner as you should be.
- Last but not least, when it feels right. Sometimes you just know when you should break up. It's a feeling that's hard to describe, but you know it when you feel it.
Article continues below...
If you are having any of these problems, it is probably time to break up. However, if you feel that there is someway, somehow that the relationship can continue and be successful, don't quit - seek counseling or talk to someone, especially your boyfriend or girlfriend. The person who can help you the most in a relationship is the person who you are in the relationship with.
Article continues below...