How to Tell if He is for Real
If you are a woman (or a man) who wonders if your man is ready for a commitment, you aren't alone. Millions of women (and men) before you have wondered the exact same thing. If they didn't, this article wouldn't even need to be created. Nonetheless, that doesn't take away from the point that *you* need to know about your own man.
Here are some tips to help evaluate whether he is for real or not.
Article continues below...
STOP! Before you read what's next, know that your situation is unique. No matter how many millions of people wonder the same thing, you are unique and your relationship is unique. These are very general tips and ideas. Be sure to check and recheck whether or not these things are truly happening and whether they mean anything in your circumstance.
Some men will never do the things on this list. However, that doesn't mean that he doesn't love you. It simply means he isn't house broken.
With that said, most men are mature enough, intelligent enough, and social enough to show when they are truly ready for commitment.
- Is glad for your successes, even if you're competing for a new position and he is struggling.
- Gives you space when you need it.
- Gives you your way when you really want it.
- Keeps a photo of you with him at all times.
- Keeps his promises.
- Makes you breakfast the morning after.
- Goes to the drug-store at 2 AM to get your prescription filled.
- Uses the words 'we,' 'us' and 'our' when talking about the future.
- Comes over in the middle of the night just because you say you hear funny noises in the basement.
- Gives you priority over his work and other relationships - friends, even family.
- Tells you he wants to stop dating other people.
- Stops dating other people.
- Talks to you every day.
- Brags about you.
- Holds open the door, pulls out your chair, helps you with your coat.
- Never takes you for granted.
Turns around to watch you walk away, and doesn't stop looking until you disappear from view.
...then he is for real.
"Is He Ready for Commitment?" is a common question amongst women in relationships. If he is not showing any of these signs or you are still not convinced of the idea, there is only one way to truly tell: ask him. There's no reason why he should lie about this. So it is really the only true step to take.