10 Great Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Christmas
One of the great aspects of Christmas are the Xmas stockings hanging over the fireplace. They not only add beauty to the living room but also add a special touch to Christmas morning.
As a child, I would wake up and the first thing I'd do was run to check my stocking to find out what goodies it holds. Memm Chocolates! It was something I could eat and make a mess with while opening presents.
Of course, it would sometimes hold some other non-candy related items. Nonetheless, anything that can fit inside the giant sock can easily be used as a stocking stuffer. Here are a few common things people put inside their red stocking.
- Chocolates (or other candies) - Already written about in the opening.
- Small toys, such as Hot Wheels - Something small and cheap but still brings tons of joy to little boys (and sometimes girls). It's a nice way to keep the kids busy while setting up the rest of Christmas morning (or let them get their stockings Xmas eve).
- Gift cards - Let them choose what they want for themselves.
- Event tickets - Possibly expensive, but a great gift.
- Letters - A sweet letter is as good of a gift as anything else.
- Jewelry - When a letter isn't enough.
- Perfume/Cologne - Small enough to fit inside a stocking yet nice enough to be an excellent gift.
- Pocket knife - Great for outdoorsmen/women who want a new knife. This is also a great way to surprise a child with their first pocket knife.
- Beef jerky - As tasty as candy but with protein.
- Lottery tickets - Scratch off tickets are always fun and it's possible they'll turn out to be the best gift of someone's life. Ok, not that probable but still possible.
Stocking stuffers are a great way to add a different feel to the already amazing holiday. If none of these ideas interest you, throw something together and shove it in the sock. If it fits, it works.