Father's Day Activities: Ideas to Celebrate
Father's Day is celebrated across the world. It's the day when we show fathers how much we appreciate them and how much they meant to our upbringing.
The holiday isn't just about giving fathers gifts or telling them you love them--even though you probably should do the latter--it is about spending time with them as a family and showing them you care.
Like many spring and summer holidays in the Northern Hemisphere, Father's Day is celebrated outdoors and/or in the backyard. Here are some great Father's Day activities:
- A family barbecue – Grill up some hot dogs, hamburgers, brats or steaks.
- A day in the pool – A great way to get the kids out door and have some fun on a sunny day.
- A family picnic – Take the family to the park and have a traditional picnic.
- Take dad to a nice steakhouse – If he doesn't like steak, take him to a tofu palace. Whatever his favorite, take him there. He'll love it.
- Talk to dad – So much attention is paid to moms. Even though dads might not act like it, they want to hear from you to. Talk to him.
- Play sports together – If it's just you and dad, basketball is always a great sport. Or HORSE. If it's a family, badminton or softball is a great way to get everyone involved.
- Go camping – Dad probably needs a quiet day outside, so why not take everyone out Saturday night and spend the night in the woods filled with fishing, smores, and stories?
- Cook together – Help fix up a dads favorite meal, with his help of course.
- Have him teach you a skill – Everyone loves to hand down a useful skill to their children, so why not just ask? He'll be glad to teach you.
There are many other great activities you can try out with dad. This is just a guideline, if there's something you feel he will enjoy along with the family, try it out!